|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Wanham Post Office fonds|
|Date:||1931-1969 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||20 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed in 2000 by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database Nov. 2021 – SF
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Wanham Post Office was opened in 1917 in conjunction with a general store, with Peter Tansem as the first store manager and postmaster. Mr. Tansem ran the Post Office for many years then, for a few years, interim postmasters filled the gap. In 1962, his son Wallace Tansem, became postmaster and remained in that position until the office was closed in 1969.
Records were preserved by Wally Tansem, the last post master and donated to Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2000.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of correspondence, circulars from the Post Office Department, registered mail and C.O.D. record ledgers, and a Cash Account Book.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions
10 rubber stamps from the Wanham Post Office were donated with the records and are among the Grande Prairie Museum’s artefacts.