Many Creeks Cemetery Company. — 1944-1959. — 1 cm of textual records.
On February 19, 1944, a meeting was held at the Many Creeks School to discuss organizing a local cemetery. The Many Creeks Cemetery was to be located on 2 acres on the north-east corner of Section 12-79-13-W6th. Walter Laposhinsky, Secretary-Treasurer of the Many Creeks Cemetery Company, was the main correspondent with officials about establishing the cemetery which was incorporated on October 31, 1944. The last records, in 1959, show James Sutherland as the President of the Cemetery Company. Although the paperwork was in place, the cemetery was never put to use.
The records were given to the archives by Vivian Dechief, a member of the Bay Tree Community Club. Included with this collection were records pertaining to the Bay Tree Community Club and the Bay Tree Community Hall, which are located in their own fonds.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of correspondence between various government bodies and those interested in establishing the cemetery from 1944-1959. They include letters relating to acquiring government approval for establishing a cemetery in 1944-1945, on-going correspondence, and a duplicate certificate of title issued to the Many Creeks Cemetery Company in 1945.
Title based on the contents of the series.