Whitburn School District 4940 fonds. — 1946-1953. — 2 cm of textual records.
Whitburn School, serving Township 79 Range 8 West of the 6th Meridian in the vicinity of was only in operation seems to have had a short life. In 1946, it was in operation, serving 8 students being taught by Mrs. Eileen Olsen. In 1947-48, Gertrude Bryzgorni taught in the school and in 1952-53, Mrs. E Gushlack was the teacher. In 1953, the Whitburn School closed and students were bussed to Spirit River.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of 4 Daily Registers from 1946-1953.