Prestville School District 4328 fonds. — 1934-1948. — 6.5 cm of textual records.
The Prestville School District built a one-room school in 1928 and operated it until the 1940s when it was closed and the children were bussed to Rycroft. Teachers included Mary Schammer, Ruth Ferguson, B. J. Strain, Edward Rockarts, and Marian Muzyka. The building was later moved to Spirit River and used as the municipal office. In 1939, Miss Schammer was the teacher. Her salary in November was $84 from which $.70 was deducted for ATA fees and $2.50 for Teachers’ Retirement Fund. The district helped financially support the Rycroft High School at this time.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003. The assessment records were preserved by the M.D. of Spirit River No. 133 and deposited in the archives in 2010.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one minute book from 1939-1940; 5 Daily Registers from 1940-1948; and an Assessment and Tax Roll for collecting school taxes from 1934-1939.
Table of Contents
|Series 229.01||School Board Minutes|
|Series 229.02||Attendance records|
|Series 229.03||Assessment records|