|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Whitburn School District 4940 fonds|
|Date:||1946-1953 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||2 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
|Note:||The history of this district is recorded in The Big Bend.|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Whitburn School seems to have had a short life. In 1946, it was in operation, serving 8 students being taught by Mrs. Eileen Olsen. In 1947-48, Gertrude Bryzgorni taught in the school and in 1952-53, Mrs. E Gushlack was the teacher. In 1953, the Whitburn School closed and students were bussed to Spirit River.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of 4 Daily Registers from 1946-1953.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)