|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Westvale School District 4423 fonds|
|Date:||1940-1952 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||4 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
|Note:||Historical noted from Grooming the Grizzly p.94|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Formed in 1930, the first school board of the Westvale School District consisted of Lawrence Wilson (chairman), Ken Munro (secretary), Bill Hallock and Dave Funk (trustees). Their first teacher was Alice Hawkinson. The school was located on SE ¼ -36-76-3 W6. From 1934-37 Henrietta Miller taught in the Westvale School, boarding with the Funk family, and remembers the school as a community center, being used for productions of concerts, plays, whist drives and church services. From 1940-1952 teachers included Mrs. M.A. Tracy, Harold Martin, Alice E. Johnston, Mrs. Madge Murphy, Harold Sather, G. Jennings, Edith Leathem, and Mrs. Claudina Gronvall.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of 10 Daily Registers from 1940-1952.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)