|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Silver Flats School District 5056 fonds|
|Date:||1955-1956 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||0.5 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Silver Flats School District was formed through the community effort of homesteaders in the Silver Valley District in Township 81 Range 10 West of the 6th Meridian. Portions of this area were opened under the Lassiter Land Clearing Project for the Veterans Land Act after World War II. Although the register shows that classes began in September 1955 with only the Friesen and O.A. Rockwood children, the school did not actually open until April 9, 1956 adding the following families to the roll: N.C. Smith, W.A. Reay, E.O. Frostad, E.M. Derksen, and J. Seekins. Dorothy Smith was the first teacher in the new school.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of one Daily Register for 1955-1956, completed by Dorothy Smith.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)