|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Rivertop School District 4371 fonds|
|Date:||1928-1938 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||1 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
In March 1929, the Department of Education granted $1000 for the building of a new school in the Rivertop District, so named because it was just on the top of the banks of the Smoky River. The school was built by volunteer labour–a two story log building with quarters upstairs for the teacher. It opened in September 1929. Margaret Miles was the first teacher, followed by Waldo Roppel, Myrtle Whaley, Harold Richards, T. Schoefield, Bev Joslin, R. Mellott, Bert Harrison, Bessie Grumbly, Jeanette Vinet, William Adair, Miss Fribel, Nellie Albinati, Jim Courtney and Bert Harrison. In 1955, Rivertop School closed permanently and all the pupils were bussed to the centralized school at Teepee Creek.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of one minute book from the Rivertop School Board.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)