|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Riversvale School District 4775 fonds|
|Date:||1937-1938 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||0.1 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Riversvale School District was located south of Aspen Ridge and Aspen Dale School Districts just north of Wapiti River. The first meeting of the Riversvale School Trustees was held on June 14, 1937, when they agreed to purchase four acres from R.L. Jones on the northwest corner of SW 6-70-9 W6 for the school site. A house was purchased from an estate to be used as a school. Riversvale School operated for three years, from 1937-1940. Alice Hittinger was the teacher when the school closed and students were sent to outlying districts. The buildings sold in 1946.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of one small notebook of minutes of the Riversvale School Board.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)