|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Ravenswood School District 4463 fonds|
|Date:||1931-1938 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||1 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Although the first meeting of ratepayers to form the Ravenswood School District was held in 1929, and the district formed in 1930, no school was in existence until 1937. The district covered Township 69, Range 11, West of the 6th, and the school site was located on the north-west corner of 15-69-11 W6. Here the trustees decided to build a log school and a school barn. The first temporary school opened in 1937 at a ratepayers home until completion of the new log school. The first teacher was Robert Ramsay, followed by Edith Lechelt. Ravenswood School was closed c. 1957.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of one book containing meeting minutes of the Ravenswood School Board.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)