|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||North Equity School District 4821 fonds|
|Date:||1938-1942 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||1 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Exported from AoR and added to new database April 2022 – TD|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
North Equity School District was established north-west of Sexsmith in 1938 when the numbers in the Equity School became too high for a one-room school. North Equity School was built in 1939 on NW 28-74-6 W6, and in 1940 the district became part of the Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. Mr. Adair was the first teacher and Mrs. Coleman taught in 1941-1943. Supervisors in later years included Nellie Hriskow, Gordon Badger, Gordon Steinke, and Miss McKinney. The old North Equity school was moved to Sexsmith c. 1950, and sold in 1954.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of the minutes of the North Equity School Board from 1938 to 1942.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)