|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Morningview School District 3514 fonds|
|Date:||1917-1938 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||1 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Exported from AoR and added to new database April 2022 – TD|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Morningview School District was established in 1917 in the area south east of Sexsmith. The first school opened in 1918 in a vacant log house, but closed during the flu season that winter so the school could be used as a hospital. Later a school , barn and teacherage were built on the school site. In 1954, the school was closed and the students were vanned to Sexsmith. After this, there was some discussion on forming a separate school district in the Morningside area, but the school was built at Sexsmith instead. Teachers at Morningview included Mr. Stitts, Catharine Roach, Ruth Valentine, Temple Crawford, Lorna McKernan, Dorothy Morton, Mrs. Ozee, Miss Hennig, Miss Hill, Lorna McFarlane, Alice Schwan, Olive Arnegard, Clare Edlund, Miss Fisher, Martha Gudlaugson, Dorothy Kynaston, Mrs. Cooke, Mrs. J. Tracy, Elna Morgan and Mrs. Grumbly.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of one minute book.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)