|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Meadowville School District 4488 fonds|
|Date:||1937-1938 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||.1 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Exported from AoR and added to new database April 2022 – TD|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Meadowville School District #4488 was established in the LaGlace area in 1930. The School was a frame building on the Angus Sutherland land, across from and east of John Blomli’s buildings. H. E. Balfour was the first official trustee and Mrs. Green the first teacher. The next year, 1931, the school burned down and school was held at Blomli’s house until a new frame school was built in 1932. Teachers from then on were Pearl Grimmett, Edna Stokke, Shirley Carter, Henry Hennig, Mrs. Bernard Hamm, Mabel Oakes, Lucille Burton, Mrs. Cornelia Siebert, Mrs. Frederickson, Mike Sebastian, Virginia Houseman, Joyce Cleve, May Spiden, Kay Johnson, and Mrs. James Lowe. The schoolhouse was bought c. 1950 by Mrs. Jake Schroeder, moved to Grande Prairie, and remodeled into a house.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of one small notebook containing minutes of Board.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)