|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||East Glen Women’s Institute fonds|
|Date:||1931-1934 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||1 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Exported from AoR and added to new database Dec. 2021- SF|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
East Glen Women’s Institute was formed for women in the Bezanson area on March 7, 1931, under a charter from the Alberta Chapter of Women’s Institutes. They met in the Community Hall the second Thursday each month. The Women’s Institute is a world-wide organization, non-partisan and non-sectarian, which operates for the general good and welfare of society. The small East Glen group read discussion papers at each meeting, helped at community events and sent delegates to the Constituency Conventions. Their largest contribution was the care and beautification of Glen Leslie Cemetery, sponsoring an annual Public Decoration Day at the Cemetery and planting trees and hedges around it. While there is no disestablishment date available, both minutes and financial records cease in 1934. The last of the regular columns on the East Glen Women’s Institute in the Daily Herald Tribune is the 1933, Annual Meeting.
Records were donated by Betty Weegar on behalf of Hazel Weegar, former member of the East Glen Women’s Institute.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of one minute book and one financial journal with the records of the club from its beginnings in 1931 to 1934, when the records cease, without a clear indication of the termination of the club.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions