Crystal Creek Community Association. — 1937-1977. — .5 cm. cm of textual records.
In 1926, the Crystal Creek Community Club purchased the church and moved it, using volunteers and sixteen horses, to the site of the present Crystal Creek Hall (Pt. 5-42-4-W6). So the old church became the first Crystal Creek Hall and the first activity in it was the Christmas Concert of 1926. The first dance was the wedding dance of Arthurand Rosie Dorscheid. In 1929, a kitchen was added to the rear of the building and in 1937 a new hall was built. Carl Johnson was the carpenter who supervised the construction. He was paid 35 cents an hour plus board which he received by staying a few days with various residents of the district. The old building was dismantled and the kumber used in creating the new hall. Since the kitchen was relatively new, it was fitted to the new hall and was still in use in 1976.
The records were found by Shelley MacDonald and transferred to Everett MacDonald, County Reeve. The County of Grande Prairie then forwarded them to the South Peace regional Archives.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of The Crystal Creek Community Association Articles of Association, 1937; a duplicate certificate of title to the 2 acres of land, and a lease agreement with the County of Grande Prairie, on a 4.74 acre parcel, dated 1977.