Dimsdale Women’s Community Circle fonds. — 1943-1958. — 3.5 cm of textual records.
The Dimsdale Women’s Community Circle was formed in 1943. Each meeting started with the singing of “O Canada”and the repeating of their creed which commited them to not be selfish, or prejudiced, or petty but to be kind and “…to touch and know the great common woman’s heart of us all…” They also played a regular game called “Your it” at their meetings. The club was a community support group and made articles for ditty bags and Christmas boxes for the war effort, and donated to the Salvation Army, the Red Cross, music festivals, victims of fires or other tragedies, and school children’s Christmas treats. They also raised money through making quilts to raffle, and putting on pie socials, box socials, teas, bazaars, and fowl suppers. Members in 1945 were Mrs. Crane Williams, Mrs. Hawkes, Mrs, Agar. Mrs. McIntosh, Mrs. Harold Stephanson, Mrs. Leslie, Mrs. Jean Leslie, Mrs. Stephanson Sr., Mrs. Elford, Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Keeman, Mrs. Van Schiak, Mrs. Sutherland, Mrs. Frederickson, Mrs. Koneveski, Mrs. Kasprow and Amelia Koneveski.
The minute book donated in 2008 were preserved by Mable McIntosh, grandmother of the donor and were donated to the South Peace Regional Archives by Sherida Rossol.
An accural in May 24, 2013, consisting of 2 financial books from 1948-1950 & 1955-1958, were also donated by Sherida Rossol.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of a minute book which describes the activities of the group from October, 1943 – February, 1948, and includes membership lists and financial transactions. There are also two Cash Books from 1948-1958.
Accession No. 2008.83 and 2013.31.
Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Agency History notes taken from the minute books.