West Sexsmith Mutual Telephone Company fonds. — 1936 – 1967. — 7.7 cm of textual records, 2 blueprints.
The West Sexsmith Mutual Telephone Company was formed in 1936 to provide telephone services for 25 shareholders in the area between the towns of Sexsmith and Buffalo Lake. Legally, the company covered parts of Townships 73 & 74, Range 6 & 7, West of the 6th meridian. The company was active until 1965 when Alberta Government Telephones agreed to supply multi-party service to the area. Dissolution occurred in 1965 and the company’s license was revoked in 1967.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one metal binder containing minutes of organizational and annual meetings, financial records and shareholders lists; two maps showing the area covered by the exchange; correspondence between West Sexsmith Telephone Co. and Alberta Government Telephones; and the Minutes of Special Meeting, June 7, 1965, dealing with the dissolution of the West Sexsmith Telephone Co.
Table of Contents
|Series 033.01||Records Binder|