Wanham Post Office fonds. — 1931 – 1969. — 20 cm of textual records.
Wanham Post Office was opened in 1917, in conjunction with a general store, with Peter Tansem as the first Store and postmaster. Mr. Tansem ran the Post Office for many years, and for a few years there were interim postmasters. In 1962, his son Wallace Tansem became postmaster, and remained in that position until the office was closed.
Records were preserved by Wally Tansem, the last post master and donated to Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2000.
Scope and Content
Fonds consists of correspondence, circulars from the Post Office Department, registered mail and C.O.D. record ledgers, and a Cash Account Book.