Fonds 017 United Farmers of Alberta, Birchview Local 376, fonds

United Farmers of Alberta, Birchview Local 376, fonds. — 1920 – 1926. — 1 cm of textual records.


Back to Finding Aids

Agency History

UFA Birchview Local 376 was formed in 1920, with F.M. Murphy as president, George McDonald as Vice-president, A. Campbell as Secretary and Directors W. Francis, O. Dahlen, A.L. Fortier, O. Tansem, and D. Cameron. The purpose of the local was to call for improvements in Wanham and surrounding areas to assist local farmers, as well as to sponsor community events such as sports days. Some of the first projects were building shelters and loading platforms at Rail Road sidings, improving roads and bridges, building community halls and schools, and preparing shelter belts to protect the small communities from forest fires.

Custodial History

The fonds consists of one minute book from 1920-1926 which detail the decisions and activities of UFA Local 376. Inside the rear cover of the minute book is a list of all the members who bought binder twine through the UFA for the 1926 harvest.

Scope and Content

The fonds consists of one minute book from 1920-1926 which detail the decisions and activities of UFA Local 376. Inside the rear cover of the minute book is a list of all the members who bought binder twine through the UFA for the 1926 harvest.