Steele School District 3787 fonds. — 1940-1945. — 2 cm of textual records.
The Steele School District was located directly east of the South Slope (Wanham) district and the school, built in 1922 , was on the old Fortier homestead, SE ¼ 5-77-3 W6 (one mile west of the Belloy road on the north side of highway 49). Henrietta Miller was a teacher there from 1937-39 and boarded with Mr. and Mrs. Babb.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of 4 Daily Registers from 1940-1945, signed by the following teachers: M.M.Cameron, Velma Keene, and Miss Mary Towpich.