Ravenswood School District 4463 fonds. — 1931-1938. — 1 cm of textual records.
Although the first meeting of ratepayers to form the Ravenswood School District was held in 1929, and the district formed in 1930, no school was in existence until 1937.
The district covered Township 69, Range 11, West of the 6th, and the school site was located on the north-west corner of 15-69-11 W6. Here the trustees decided to build a log school and a school barn.
The first temporary school opened in 1937 at a ratepayers home until completion of the new log school. The first teacher was Robert Ramsay, followed by Edith Lechelt.
Ravenswood School was closed c. 1957.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one book containing meeting minutes of the Ravenswood School Board.