Percy School District 3031 fonds. — 1933-1938. — 1 cm of textual records.
Percy School was located near Dimsdale, south of Bear Lake on the N.E. 25-71-7 W6. It opened c. 1929, and eventually the site contained a frame school, teacherage, barn and outbuildings.
Teachers included Mary Crawford, Claude Cavett, Marie Poppen, Alfred Aldridge, Royal Hughson, E.J. Meen, May Ward, Noreen Ford, Winnifred Gerry, Florence Sedore, and Bessie Grumbly.
Percy School closed c. 1957 and the students were bussed to Wembley. The school site and buildings were sold to Mr. Nordhagen in 1961.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one minute book recording board meetings from January 1933 to January 1938 as well as two “statement of grants” documents and one “Report of the Inspector of Schools.”