Northmark School District 4512 fonds. — 1930-1956. — 8 cm of textual records.
Northmark School District No. 4431 was formed in 1930, and until the school was completed in 1932, classes were held in the Charles Michel home, with Mrs. (Fern) Michel teaching three days a week. The school opened in September 1932 with 12 students and Miss Edith Gibennus (Rye), teacher. In 1940, Northmark became a member in sub-division 2 of Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1950 a new shed-type school (designed for combination with other schools during consolidation) replaced the first school, and in 1956 the school closed and the students were bussed to Woking.
Teachers at Northmark from 1931-1956 were Miss Edith Gibennus, Miss Margaret Atkins, Miss Hilda Muttart, Miss Billie Ulmer, Miss Mary Golden (Rowe), Miss Mary Danchuck, Mrs. Gertrude Bryan, Grace Mortenson and Annie Rowe (supervisors), Mrs. Dixie Mitchell, Miss Doris Jordan (Toerper), Mr. Hugh McKenna, Mr. R.E. Parlee.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of a minute book from 1930 to 1940 and Daily Registers from 1940 to 1956.