North Equity School District fonds. — 1938-1942. — 1 cm of textual records.
North Equity School District was established north-west of Sexsmith in 1938 when the numbers in the Equity School became too high for a one-room school.
North Equity School was built in 1939 on NW 28-74-6 W6, and in 1940 the district became part of the Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. Mr. Adair was the first teacher and Mrs. Coleman taught in 1941-1943. Supervisors in later years included Nellie Hriskow, Gordon Badger, Gordon Steinke, and Miss McKinney.
The old North Equity school was moved to Sexsmith c. 1950, and sold in 1954.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of minutes of the School Board.