Mountain Side School Division #4494. — 1930-1952. — 2.5 cm of textual records.
Mountain Side School served the farming area north and east of Saskatoon Mountain. The district was established in 1930 and a school site chosen on SE 25-72-9 W6th. To access money from a government grant, the ratepayers called a work-bee for February 26, 1931, and the frame school was erected by volunteers. A log barn was built in 1933 and a teacherage in 1935. Mr. Henry Wiebe was the first teacher and there were 28 children when school opened on May 4, 1931. Later teachers included Miss Elma Elkins, Miss Carr, Miss Mary Beard, Mr. Clarence Otterbein, Mr. Paul Poetker, Miss Olive Throness, Mrs. Agnes Hamm, Miss Tomshak, Miss Julia Podulski, and Roy Grimsrud. The school was closed in the late 1950s and students bussed to larger schools. The last minutes of the school board were recorded March 22, 1952.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of a ledger book containing the minutes of the Mountain Side School District #4494.