Mount Star School District 3500 fonds. — 1917-1938. — 1 cm of textual records.
Mount Star School District #3500 was established in 1917. School was started that year in a rented building. The first school was built by volunteer labour in 1921, and burned down in 1939. A new school was built in 1939 and operated until 1955, when all the schools in the area were consolidated to Teepee Creek.
Teachers at Mount Star included Margaret Johnson, Miss Mustard, Miss McLeod, Mrs. Brister, Miss Brown, Miss Patrick, Mrs. Oscar Mackey, Art Polley, Miss Luxton, Miss Horde, Mrs. Swahn, Mr. Carrico, Mr. Lomas, Mrs. Norden, Mrs. Roberts, Mrs. C. Ford, Mrs. F. Bolon, Mrs. Nicoll, Miss E. Willis, Emma Mae Wilson, Miss Chugg, Mary Tomshak, Annette Fraser, Eleanor Waeffler, Bernice Willis, Phyllis Luckey, and Donald Oke.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one book of school board minutes.