Meadowville School District 4488 fonds. — 1937-1938. — .1 cm of textual records.
Meadowville School District #4488 was established in the LaGlace area in 1930. The School was a frame building on the Angus Sutherland land, across from and east of John Blomli’s buildings. H. E. Balfour was the first official trustee and Mrs. Green the first teacher. The next year, 1931, the school burned down and school was held at Blomli’s house until a new frame school was built in 1932.
Teachers from then on were Pearl Grimmett, Edna Stokke, Shirley Carter, Henry Hennig, Mrs. Bernard Hamm, Mabel Oakes, Lucille Burton, Mrs. Cornelia Siebert, Mrs. Frederickson, Mike Sebastian, Virginia Houseman, Joyce Cleve, May Spiden, Kay Johnson, and Mrs. James Lowe.
The schoolhouse was bought c. 1950 by Mrs. Jake Schroeder, moved to Grande Prairie, and remodelled into a house.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one small notebook containing minutes of Board.