Lassiter School District 4962 fonds. — 1948-1956. — 4 cm of textual records.
The Lassiter School District was located north-west of Rycroft, in Township 79 Range 4 West of the 6th Meridian. In the fall of 1949, the school served seven children from the Green, Anderson, McNamee, Connell and Murphy families, who had taken land in the Lassiter project started under the Veteran’s Land Act after World War II. After it closed under consolidation, the students were bussed into Rycroft School.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of Daily Registers from 1949-1956, records of the following teachers: B. Yanishewski, G. Jennings, T.D.Tauton, Miss Frances Metz, Alex Kozeluk, N.D. Shmyr, and Esther Robertson.