LaGlace School District 3371 fonds. — 1924-1938. — 2 cm of textual records.
The LaGlace School District was organized in 1916 and approval was sought from the Ministry of Education to build a school. The first school year was 1918-1919, with classes held in Albin Hoflin’s cabin. Mary Collette was the first teacher, followed by Mrs. Pickering, E.H. Keith, F.G. McNaughton, Mr. Strong, Miss Mann, Miss Metcalf (Christianson), Mr. Williamson, Edith Lechelt, Parker Norden, Lucy Hardman, Miss Krantz, Miss Cunningham, Doris Eide and Miss Clarke.
The first school was built in 1921 on the NE corner of S.E. 8-74-8. In 1938, a high school was built in the town of LaGlace, and two years later the elementary school was moved into town. As the small one-room schools began to close down under consolidation, LaGlace became one of the centralized schools and a new multi-roomed facility was built.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one minute book and one daily register for 1925-1926.