Klondyke Trail School District 4509 fonds. — 1930-1938. — 1 cm of textual records.
Klondyke Trail School opened in September 1933, and was located west of Wembley on the south-east corner of SE 13-71-9-W6, land that was originally homesteaded by Albert Henry. The school operated until 1943. In 1948, the building was moved to Lower Beaverlodge and served that school district for a number of years.
People who were instrumental in organizing the Klondyke School District were Gust Gitzel and Jack Bullis as well as Fred Dolphin, Henry Taylor, Harry Taylor, and Louis Ulmer.
Teachers were Martha Hennig, Joe Montgomery, Howard Minchin, Edna Stokke, Eileen Murray, Bernice Eshpeter and Matilda Kmicik.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one minute book, two financial statements and one assessment roll.