Kleskun Lake School District 2743 fonds. — 1913-1933. — 1.5 cm of textual records.
Kleskun Lake School was established ca. 1912 when the number of children in the district exceeded the capacity of the Kleskun Hill School. Robert Cochrane was the contractor. Teachers included Edna Agar, H. B. Kellett, A. V. Raison, Agnes Melsness, Martha Hennig, H.L. Bjork, Gordon Forbes, Martha Gudlaugson, Newton Grimmett, Beverly Macomber, Marjorie Sebastion, Beth Thorne, Henry Wiebe, and Venice Jones.
Kleskun Lake School closed with the advent of consolidation in the late 40s or early 50s.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of 7 Daily Registers.