Kemble School District 4558 fonds. — 1931-1937. — 1 cm of textual records.
Kemble School District was organized in 1931 for residents of the Goodfare District west of the Steeprock School District and east of Kelly Lake. At the time it was established, there were sufficient children to warrant a school, but by the time a log building school was built on the southeast corner of SE 29-71-13 W6 five years later, most of the families with school-age children had moved out of the district. The district was then left with the problem of a newly-built facility with no children to attend. Thus, on June 11, 1937, the Kimble School District #4558 was placed under the Official Trusteeship of Inspector Walker of Grande Prairie.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of one minute book recording the actions of the school board as the district is organized and decisions are made about financing, building and using the new facility.