Hinton Trail Community Hall Association fonds. — 1933-1971. — 1 cm of textual records.
What became the Hinton Trail Community Club began in 1939 as a women’s organinzation, the Craigellachie Community Club. They met once a month and put on dances, card parties, teas and bazaars. One of their big events was putting on the children’s Christmas concert. The Red cCoss Committee made an annual drive for funds in order to send their local servicemen parcels of baking and knitted articles. After the Hinton Trail Hall was built in 1947 and Craigellachie school was closed in 1948, the club became known as the Hinton Trail Communty Club. The organization looked after events and maintained the building. The club is still active and the hall still used.
The records were donated to the South Peace Regional Archives by Alice Scorgie in 2005.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of financial records from 1933-1954, minutes from 1945-1971 and miscellaneous records and correspondence from 1946-1971.
Information on the Scorgie andl McEachern families found in the fonds file.