Hermit Lake Community Association. — 1966-1977. — .5 cm. cm of textual records.
The Hermit Lake Community Association was closely connected to the Hermit Lake School which was established in 1917. The school was used during evenings and weekends for community events such as Christmas parties for the children, dances, and card parties. With the consolidation of school in the 1950s, Hermit Lake School was used for community events and managed by the Hermit Lake Community Association until 1977 when the club agreed to donate it to the Grande Prairie Pioneer Museum. The Association continued to organize card parties in members homes for some time.
The records of the Hermit Lake Community Association were donated to the south Peace Regional Archives by Sharon Kokosha in 2005
Scope and Content
The records consist of financial records 1966-1976, minutes 1967-1977 and correspondence 1976-1977.
Related records are located in Alice Scorgie’s donation 2005.97, Hermit Lake School records.