Grande Prairie Mutual Telephone Company fonds. — 1976-1993. — 14 cm of textual records. — 7 blueprints.
The Grande Prairie Mutual Telephone Company was formed in 1936 to provide services for Rural Telephone Line No. 2 on the Grande Prairie Exchange, with Robert Cochrane as president and Gerald Carveth as secretary. Twenty-four shares were sold for $20.00 per annum and lines purchased from Alberta Government Telephones. In May of 1970, the 39 shareholders of the company reached an agreement with AGT integrate with AGT at the time of conversion to buried cable service.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of legal records of incorporation, including 7 maps showing the boundaries of the Company, sale agreements and reports to the registrar; minutes of annual meetings including financial accounts and lists of subscribers; financial statements and accounts ledger pages; correspondence and circulars from AGT; telephone statistics and annual reports.
Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Records donated by Joyce Blimke, last secretary of the Grande Prairie Mutual Telephone Co.
The metal Accounts Ledger has been disassembled and pages filed with appropriate series of minutes and financial records.
Table of Contents
|Series 051.01||Legal Records|
|Series 051.03||Financial Records|