Goodwin Co-op fonds. — 1949-1952.
In 1942, the Goodwin community got together under the leadership of Xeviar Vogelbacker to organize a Co-op store. ( An existing store owned by Mr. Krause was bought out.) William Munro was the manager of the Co-op store and the postmaster for the first three years. It was later managed by Fred Darton with the help of Gene and Grace Dana, and then by Mr. And Mrs. Ben Middlestad, then Mr. And Mrs. Ed Peckham and then Mr. and Mrs. Harold Bowman. Later in 1954 the store was sold to Bowman who sold it to Mr. Sask of Teepee Creek and Mr. Abe Wiebe managed it. In 1962 the store burned down and was never rebuilt.
These records were originally donated to the Debolt Museum and transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Fran Moore in May, 2006.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of Goodwin Member’s Equity list (1949), member’s purchases list (1949), a financial statement (1952) and miscellaneous financial records.