Fox Creek School District 4120 fonds. — 1929-1957. — 17 cm of textual records.
The 1929 minutes of the Fourth Creek School District discuss a proposed 30 student building be built on SW ¼ of 4-76-26 W5. By-laws were put in place for the issuing of debentures in order to raise $1750. Trustees included C.E.Bobier, W Warner, E. Mac Daid and R. Socquet. In 1931 the building was used for dances to raise money and a teacher was being sought. In April of 1931 inspector, Mr. Oke, reported the building passed inspection and the first 14 students were doing well under teacher, Dora Doyle.
By 1943, the board was requesting their Spirit River School Division representative, Mr. Sather, ask for repairs to weather proof the building or have it closed for the winter. By 1946-47 there were two classrooms operating as students were being bussed from the Codesa and Four Mile Creek areas. By 1957 there are only 18 children in grades 1-8.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of 3 minute books, (1929), 1930-1940) and (1941-1950) and 34 Daily Register from 1931-1957. Teachers after Dora Doyle include Mae Hagen, Miss M.A. Funk, Vernon Martin, Ruby Toal, Minnie Warner, K.E.Shannon, Mary Peterson, Minnie Warner, Vivian PorterA.L.Hicks, E.C.Senyk, Anne Andriatz (Larson), A Konopelka, H. Amundson,
1929 minutes are written in a 1925-26 Daily Register. Included in the Register of 1930-31 is an Agreement between Trustee and Teacher.