Albright United Church Women’s Aid fonds. — 1935-1953. — 2 cm of textual records.
The Albright United Church Women’s Aid group was already conducting business according to financial records in 1934. Meetings had a strong devotional content and activities of the group included visiting the sick, contributing to the women’s Missionary Society and also supporting the war effort through knitting, giving up war stamps, buying War Saving Certificates, making an Honor Roll quilt and contributions to the Red Cross. They also raisied money to help with the upkeep of the church, manse and hall through chicken suppers, ball tournaments, white elephant sales, bazaars, teas, and picnics. They had a Flower Committee, and a Baby Band Committee. In the early 1950s, they supported the Sunday School, contributed to the minister’s salary, and the Hythe Rest Room. In July, 1953, a motion was passed that they disband and form a Community Club.
These records were originally donated to the South Peace Centennial Museum in Beaverlodge and were transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Lori Dalgleish in November, 2008.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of minutes from 1941-1953, financial records from 1935-1953, correspondence from 1949-1977 and printed material from associated organizations and unused greeting cards.