Aldergrove School District 4574 fonds. — 1932-1938. — 1.5 cm of textual records.
Aldergrove School opened on March 20, 1933, a year after the organization of the school district. Located north-west of Hythe, on the S.W. corner of 17-74-12 W6, the school was a 26 x 32 foot log and frame building with a 10 x 20 foot lean-to. Sophie Knudtson (Mrs. Gerlinger) was the first teacher, followed by Mary Aker (Mrs. A. Gibson), and Ethel Meyer. In the fall of 1937, owing to a lack of children in the district, the school closed permanently and the pupils were sent to neighbouring schools.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of 5 minute books detailing the decisions made by the Aldergrove School District for the years 1932-38, as well as accounts and correspondence.
Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Related records: fonds 063, County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14 minutes (063.01) and correspondence (063.02).
Source of historical note: Pioneer Round-up
Accession No. 2000.39, 2013.06.